Acne runs in the genes. It doesn’t just only happen because of something that one eats or does but it just happens to some people who are prone to it. Though you cannot avoid it completely, there are certain steps you should follow if you have acne to reduce its severity.
5 things you should never do if you have acne:
Below are mentioned 5 golden rules people must follow if they have acne:
- Stop picking at the acne all the time: Picking or squeezing out acne forcibly all the time will cause the debris to push deeper into the skin and prolong the healing time. This is a major cause for acne spots or deep scars.
- Don’t over scrub your skin: Scrubbing your skin very frequently will aggravate the inflammation and irritate the skin. Over scrubbing also makes the face over dry. The naturals oils are robbed off the skin disturbing the skin’s PH balance.
- Stop taking antibiotics or topical steroids: Until advised by your physician, do not apply steroids as they don’t treat the root of the acne. Antibiotics like tetracycline aggravate the acne. They also destroy the good and bad bacteria in the system. Good or probiotic bacteria like acidophilus promotes clear skin.
- Avoid oily food or any other food that triggers your acne: It’s a good idea to avoid oily food if you have acne prone skin. In some people, acne gets triggered by chocolates and, for some it’s mangoes. You have to study your own body pattern and find out what triggers your acne.
- Lastly, avoid stress: Stress leads to inflammation and degeneration. Stress affects your body and, in many cases, shows on the skin in the form of breakouts. Meditate, practice yoga and exercise to lead a healthy life.
These above mentioned tips might help to reduce your acne breakouts, though not completely cure it. Consult a Dermatologist at the earliest, as neglecting acne will only aggravate it further. It will eventually cure.