Double chin is the accumulation of excess fat layer on the chin and upper neck region. It appears awkward and unsightly, as though you have two chins. Both men and women develop double chin as ageing proceeds. Other factors that influence double chin development are genes, being overweight, having faulty eating habits, a sedentary lifestyle or as the side effect of some medications.
LIPOSUCTION FOR DOUBLE CHIN REDUCTION
Liposuction is one of the most successful treatment to sculpt a beautiful neckline. The results are long lasting and can make one proud of their elegant neckline. As liposuction strips off excess fat, it’s an effective therapy for double chin reduction in patients of age between 20 – 40 years, possessing good skin elasticity. It’s an outpatient procedure and can be safely done using local anesthesia. Through one or more small incisions, a thin tube is inserted to loosen the excess fat in the treatment area, and the extra fat is suctioned out. The entire procedure can be completed in an hour or two.
POST OPERATIVE CARE
When the procedure is performed by a qualified cosmetic surgeon, recovery from liposuction can be amazingly fast. The surgeon may prescribe some pain medication and a compression garment for a week to reduce swelling, and to aid quick skin contraction. The pain, bruises and swelling will subside within a week and the patient can resume to normal life within a couple of week. The incisions are so minute that scars are not visible. In addition, the results are long-lasting when one maintains the ideal weight.
Double chin reduction helps a patient to look years younger and creates the illusion of having lost weight. It gives a lift to facial features, portrays a better-defined jaw line and enhances the appearance of a person. Thus, liposuction is an excellent technique to improve the contour of your neck.
Common methods of liposuction carried out these days are
- Suction Assisted Liposuction: Vacuum is used to remove fat
- Laser Assisted Liposuction: Laser energy loosens fat cells and then the extra cells are removed.
- Ultrasound Assisted Liposuction: Ultrasound energy helps in disintegrating fatty tissue.
- Tumescent Liposuction: An anesthetic “tumescent” solution is used to reduce bleeding and discomfort during the procedure. This is an inexpensive, simple method with minimal risk of removing excess fat tissue from neck.
HOW TO CHOOSE A SURGEON?
Before planning a double chin reduction surgery, there are a number of important things you need to analyse before you schedule a procedure:
- Finding a certified, experienced cosmetic surgeon who you can trust is more crucial than achieving the desired result.
- The surgeon must be specialized in the particular procedure that you are planning to undergo so that the results are amazing and long-lasting.
- It is advisable to seek tips from the surgeon to help you, in planning the desired new look.
- Also, it’s essential to consider the surgeon’s previous results for the procedure you want to have, and compare whether those results are satisfying and up to our expectations.
- Most importantly, discuss your desired results and the probability of it being completely achievable.