After a certain point, most of us have to deal with periorbital dark circles and hollows under our eyes. There are those who are lucky enough to not get dark circles ever. But for the rest of us, we’ve realised that no amount of concealer is going to completely cover up hollowed out under-eye circles. And that’s okay because we rock our them and own them completely! Still, if some of us do want to treat them and try to reduce those them, that’s okay too. You can completely go ahead and try to minimise them because – Your Body, Your Choice. Don’t let those haters get you down.
So what causes Dark Circles?
As opposed to common belief, stress and lack of sleep aren’t the only reasons behind dark circles.
Here are the most common causes:
- #YouGotitFromYourMama – or Dad! More often than not, dark circles and under-eye hollowness are a result of genetics.
- Sun Exposure – Sun exposure increases melanin production and causes the skin under your eyes to darken easily as it is thin, delicate, and prone to damage.
- Ageing – As you get older, your skin becomes thinner. The skin below your eyes is already thin, and with age, it thins further, and the blood vessels on the skin below your eyes start showing.
- Hormonal Changes – Excessive production of Estrogen, PMS & Menopause, all are leading causes of Dark Circles.
- Nutritional Deficiencies – Iron, Vitamin B12 & Vitamin K deficiencies also cause darkness under your eyes.
- Sleep Pattern – Lack of sleep, irregular sleep pattern & over-sleeping cause inadequate blood circulation in your face and dilates your blood vessels, leading to dark circles.
- Unhealthy Habits – Drinking causes the blood vessels to dilate, leading to more prominent pigmentation under your eyes. Drinking & Smoking also disrupt your sleeping pattern, again leading to more dark circles.
- Allergies – Allergies, such as nasal congestion, release histamines in the body, and this leads to periorbital pigmentation and bags.
- Diseases – Periorbital cellulitis, anaemia and other diseases.
Now that we know the causes, comes the question of treatment.
While there are numerous home remedies and dietary changes that you can undertake to minimise their appearance, those looking for a drastic reduction in the appearance of dark circles may have to take the help of a dermatologist.
One of the most effective & safe ways to reduce them is Chemical Peels. BeYouPlus’ Signature Under-Eye Brightening Treatment uses a combination of 3 Fruit Extract Peels to reduce the appearance of periorbital pigmentation, wrinkles & fine lines.
While you’ll see a remarkable improvement in the first session itself, multiple sessions are required for a major improvement to take place.
What can you expect from this treatment?
- Reduction in Dark Circles
- Reduction in Fine Lines
- Reduction in wrinkles & inhibition of further appearance of wrinkles
- Brighter & younger looking skin
- 34Uneven skin tone, pigmentation, dark spots and dullness troubling you? We have the perfect antidote! A treatment so divine, it will wash away all your worries along with your pigmentation and dark spots. Say hello to flawless skin with Insta Brilliance Laser Toning A revolutionary treatment developed by our dermatologists, Insta Brilliance…