Do you have some questions about Laser Hair Removal? We have all the answers! Read through our FAQs to get an answer to all your queries.
1) Is it Permanent Hair Removal?
Ok, so even though most companies will tell you otherwise, Laser is for Permanent Hair REDUCTION and not removal. There is no laser in the world that can guarantee Permanent Hair Removal. With Laser Hair
Removal Reduction, most of your hair is permanently removed, while the rest of it is thinned out, making it virtually invisible.
2) Is it Painful?
One of the major benefits of Laser Hair
Removal Reduction is that it’s virtually painless, especially when compared to Waxing. Depending on your tolerance level, you might feel a slight pricking sensation on certain areas. If required, especially for sensitive areas like the Bikini/Groin, your technician will apply an anaesthetic cream to numb the area before the treatment.
3) How often do I need to get it done?/How many sessions are required?
The number of sessions required differs for each candidate depending on various factors such as the body part being targetted and the kind of hair growth you have. While patient A could need only 4 sessions, another patient might need 8-10 sessions. You can read more about that here.
4) Side Effects/Risks?
Many clients experience no side effects, but as with any cosmetic procedure, the risk is not zero. It’s normal to experience redness, sensitivity, or itching for 24 hours after treatment. Alert your provider if irritation lasts longer. In rare cases, there might be mild burns which can be treated with gels and cool packs.
5) How do I prepare for it Laser? /Pre-procedure
Here are a few things that you need to take care of prior to the treatment
- Avoid chemical peels or laser resurfacing
- Exfoliate to remove any dead skin build up
- Ensure no residue fake tan is present on the skin
- Avoid excessive sun exposure on the area being treated two weeks prior (including solariums or tanning drugs)
- Avoid using topical creams/moisturisers, perfumes to the area being treated before the appointment
- Do not wax or pluck hairs four weeks prior to laser treatment
6) Post Procedure
- Avoid hot showers or baths for at least 48 hours post the session.
- Direct Sunlight should be avoided for 2-4 days after the treatment.
- Avoid getting any other laser/chemical treatments for 2 weeks.
- Keep away from deodorants 2-3 days as they may cause irritation
- Give your body 24-48 hours rest from excessive exercise, the gym or the sauna – anything that makes you sweat basically.
7) Does it cause cancer?
That’s a big fat NO.
It’s a myth that laser hair removal can cause cancer. In fact, according to the Skin Care Foundation, the procedure is sometimes used to treat certain forms of precancerous lesions.
8) What areas can I Laser?/Safe for the Genital area?
Here’s a simple answer..if there’s hair, it can be lasered! Your face, back, chest, legs, shoulders, knuckles, feet, genital area, all can be treated. In fact, some of the most common areas to be lasered are the bikini and the groin area! The only thing that matters is the colour of the hair, the darker the colour of the hair, better are the results. Insufficient melanin in the hair prevents the laser from finding the follicle, which is why laser is ineffective on Grey hair and lighter coloured hair.
9) Can men also get it done?
We’ll let you in on a little secret, almost half of our clients for Laser Hair Reduction are male patients. Men, listen up when we say this, women like groomed men! So don’t shy away from a little TLC for yourself and GET SET GROOM! Read more about Laser Hair Reduction for Men here.
Call on +91 9870293933 to book your session now!
- 10000#HairFreeForever Always confused about the number of sessions required for Laser Hair Reduction? Your answers are here! Laser hair reduction promised smooth, soft & hair-free skin forever. But something that lasts that long, does require a little bit of patience and investment. One of the most common questions and myths…