Microdermasion – A Miracle Treatment for Acne Marks, Pigmentation, Acne & Dullness!
Most of us have come to the realisation that there’s only so much that creams, scrubs and cleansers can do for our skin, whether it’s open pores, acne marks, wrinkles, pigmentation or uneven skin tone. If you’re familiar with the frustration that comes with using a promising face pack only to realise that your skin looks the same – it’s time to bring out the big guns!
Say hello to Microdermabrasion!
What is Microdermabrasion?
Microdermabrasion is a simple and safe procedure that involves gentle abrasion and exfoliation of the superficial layer of your skin. It is a micro-resurfacing procedure that is painless and non-invasive. Microdermabrasion uses a tool, which when rotated on your skin, produces a fine diamond blast to exfoliate and remove the topmost dead layer and stimulate the body to produce new collagen & elastin(Say hello to soft, healthy & baby-like skin!).
The result is the reduced appearance of scars, smoother skin and a brightened skin tone.
Microdermabrasion can be used to cure the following conditions:
- Sun damaged skin
- Superficial Acne Scars
- Chicken Pox Scars
- Melasma, Postinflammatory Hyperpigmentation
- Fine wrinkles around eyes
- Stretch Marks
- Blocked Pores
- Uneven Skin Tone
- Excessively oily or dry skin
Your Dermatologist will decide on the number of sessions based on the severity of your condition. Sessions will be scheduled at a minimum gap of 2 weeks until the desired result is achieved. If this procedure needs to be combined with Chemical Peels, then the sessions will be spaced out at a 3-week interval. The best part is that there is no downtime and you can return back to your normal life immediately (basically tell your boss you’re going out for lunch and pamper your skin!). This is a relatively safe procedure with permanent results and rare side effects. It is even safe for pregnant and lactating women. It is mandatory to get the procedure done by a trained doctor. You might experience mild redness or rashes in the treated area that will subside on its own within a few hours.
Your doctor will avoid Microdermabrasion on your skin if you have any active infections like common warts, pus-filled lesions, skin ulcers, sun-sensitive disorders like Solar Urticaria, etc. You should not opt for this procedure if you are on medications like Retinoids, or have a history of Keloids or Hypertrophic Scars.
There are a few do’s and don’ts that you must follow post procedure to make the most out of Microdermabrasion and avoid any complications.
- Avoid sun exposure for at least 24 hours after the procedure.
- Use only cleansers on your face for a week to clean your face, NO SOAPS.
- Invest in a good moisturizer and sunscreen.
- Do not use Facial bleach for a week or so.
- Avoid harsh cosmetics or a week.
Though there are many at-home Microdermabrasion kits available now, it’s best to consult a dermatologist and then decide the right course of your treatment for your skin concerns. Be You Plus’s trusted clinics offer bespoke services, tailormade to your skin. Schedule a consultation now or opt for a trial microdermabrasion session in your city.
- 63Medi-peels or Insta-brightening? Let us tell you all about the two revolutionary skin treatments. Flawless skin? Find one person who does not want it. Pollution, prolonged sun exposure, accumulation of dirt and oil can cause uneven skin tone, accelerate the process of aging and usher our never ending battles with…
- 45BeYouPlus' Signature Whitening Mask is specially formulated to give you a brighter & even skin tone. If pigmentation, dark spots, acne marks, tanning bother you then this Whitening Mask is the perfect solution for all your worries! It contains several natural ingredients such as: Bearberry Extract Bearberry extract is made…