Medi-peels or Insta-brightening? Let us tell you all about the two revolutionary skin treatments.
Flawless skin? Find one person who does not want it. Pollution, prolonged sun exposure, accumulation of dirt and oil can cause uneven skin tone, accelerate the process of aging and usher our never ending battles with blackheads, pigmentation, dark circles, and zits. Daunting? This is what has brought about a revolutionary change in the aesthetic industry and has been the driving force behind the founding of the two new and possibly the most effective skin rejuvenation treatments. Read on for more.
Medi-peels use acid based substances that go deep within the skin, in order to expose fresher, younger-looking skin that is latent in the lower layers. Also known as chemical peels, they are offered in a range of options from glycolic peels to salicylic peels, each suited for a different type of skin problem from acne to pigmentation, spot treatment, and Melasma.
How is it performed?
An expert fully analyses your skin, determines your skin type, thickness and takes note of any allergies that you might suffer from. An acid based solution that is suitable for you, keeping in mind your issues and the above-listed factors, is then applied to the affected area.
Depending upon the intensity of your skin condition, a light, medium or heavy peel can be used. A light peel generally works on the upper layer of the skin, known as the epidermis. It naturally exfoliates this layer, exposing the fresher skin underneath. A medium peel works on the epidermis and the upper layer of the dermis, which is the middle layer of the skin, whereas a heavy peel works on the deeper layers of the skin.
What to expect?
Once the solution is applied to the skin, exfoliation and dead skin sheds off.
After medi-peels, the skin becomes temporarily sensitive and it is advisable to protect it from exposure to the sun for extended periods of time as well as from dust and abrasion.
Benefits of Medi-peels
• Lightens superficial scars
• Reduces the appearance of wrinkles
• Reduces fine lines near the eyes and mouth
• Improves the overall look and feel of the skin
• Reduces freckles, pigmentation, melasma, uneven dark patches and dull skin
As with all skin treatments, these treatments should also be supplemented by a good skin-care routine, and application of a high-spectrum sunscreen , twice a day.
INSTA-BRIGHTENING LASER TREATMENT
Fast becoming popular as the gold standard for treating uneven, dark, patchy and dull skin, the treatment as the name suggests is a quick resolve. It uses laser energy to make your skin look brighter, smoother and helps you get rid of unwanted pigmentation and dark spots.
How is it performed?
The laser energy pulse released from the Q-switched Nd:Yag laser targets the pigment that causes unwanted spots and freckles into your skin, to facilitate its reabsorption and the subsequent disposal from the skin.
What to expect?
You might experience some tingling and tiny hot dots on your skin while the treatment is in progress. But rest assured that the mild discomfort that you might experience during the course of the treatment is greatly outweighed by the amazing results that you are sure to obtain at the end.
As with all skin treatments, Insta-brightening should be supplemented by a good skin-care routine, and application of a high-spectrum sunscreen , twice a day.
Benefits of Insta-brightening laser treatment
• Minor to negligible side effects
• Instant brightening of skin
• Removal of dark patches, pigmentation and extra melasma from the skin
• Reduction of uneven skin tone and hyperpigmentation
Apart from these treatments, using the right creams, regularly exercising, maintaining a healthy diet, CTM routine and adequate sleep are the key mantras to get a healthy skin. So what are you waiting for? Book an appointment today and get ready to see your skin glowing.
- 75BeYouPlus' Signature Whitening Mask is specially formulated to give you a brighter & even skin tone. If pigmentation, dark spots, acne marks, tanning bother you then this Whitening Mask is the perfect solution for all your worries! It contains several natural ingredients such as: Bearberry Extract Bearberry extract is made…
- 63Microdermasion - A Miracle Treatment for Acne Marks, Pigmentation, Acne & Dullness! Most of us have come to the realisation that there's only so much that creams, scrubs and cleansers can do for our skin, whether it's open pores, acne marks, wrinkles, pigmentation or uneven skin tone. If you're familiar…