Thermage is a revolutionary therapy that uses non-invasive radiofrequency to address visible signs of ageing for a smoother skin tone. With the advancement in science and technology, it is now possible to delay the ageing process. Ageing affects our body, our mindset and even our looks. The first signs of ageing appear at around 25. Thermage treatments improve sagging and wrinkled skin, giving you a smoother and sleeker appearance.
What parts of the body can undergo Thermage treatments?
Thermage is effective on:
- Eyes: The skin around our eyes is the thinnest. As and when we age, our eyes start to appear hooded and lines appear to make us look tired and worn out. This treatment can be applied on the upper and lower eyelid to gain back the youthful appearance.
- Face: The wrinkles and fine lines on the face are smoothened out and the face appears younger and firmer. Thermage remodels the collagen for healthy appearance of the skin.
- Body: Thermage treatment can be used for treating sagging skin, bulges and dimples all over the body.
How is Thermage Treatment done?
Surgery gives a drastic change to your looks and also takes a lot of time to heal. Thermage treatment can be done for quick results and you need not take out time from your lifestyle. In this treatment radiofrequency energy is used to kick start the body’s own natural renewal process. Read on to know how it is done:
- The initial phase begins with a cooling effect on the skin for the comfort of the patient and safety of the skin layers.
- A specially designed treatment tip is placed against the target areas of the skin to give vibration.
- The tip generates radiofrequency energy which penetrates deep within the target areas of the skin, heating them and remodelling the collagen.
- Lastly cryogen is delivered on these treatment areas to cool the epidermis (the layer of skin).
How is Thermage better than other ageing treatments?
The following is a comparison between thermage treatments and other ageing treatments:
- While cosmetic surgery treatments like face lift, brow lift, etc can have lasting results, they are costly and have a prolonged downtime.
- Injections and fillers are lower in cost and have a low downtime but the transformation results are quite moderate.
- Spa treatments, creams, lotions and gels are relatively lower in cost, but have to be repeated again and again to achieve only moderate results.
- Thermage treatments are moderately priced, have a lower downtime and render lasting results.
More about the procedure:
The treatment takes 45 minutes for the eyes and face and around 90 minutes for other larger body parts. Results can be achieved instantly and people notice a drastic change in just one sitting. The results keep improving as the renewal and boosting process of underlying collagen is kickstarted. This renewed collagen continues to work towards renewing the skin and reducing the wrinkles.
A relatively better option for attacking the ageing concerns, this wonderful option has hit the cosmetic industry like a storm. More and more women are opting for this harmless and natural way of delaying their ageing process.